Frequently Asked Questions
+/- How can I include the Cornell Lab of Ornithology in my will?
+/- What is the Lab of Ornithology’s address?
+/- What is the address for Cornell University’s Office of Trusts, Estates, and Gift Planning?
+/- Can I designate my planned gift to be used for a specific purpose or can it be unrestricted?
- You may designate a planned gift for a specific program or project at the Lab of Ornithology. Please contact us if you’d like to restrict your gift—doing so will enable us to make sure your gift will be appropriately applied.
- Unrestricted gifts to the Lab of Ornithology are valuable because they allow flexibility in putting funds to their best and timely use.
+/- I have established a planned gift for the Cornell Lab of Ornithology through another service provider. Should I notify the Cornell Lab?
+/- How does the Cornell Lab of Ornithology credit my planned gift?
- The full contribution to a life-income arrangement (charitable gift annuity, charitable remainder trust, or pooled life-income fund) is recorded as a charitable gift.
- Advised bequests and tentative designations are credited as gift intentions.
- Irrevocable trusts or bequests may be credited as cash gifts.
+/- How do I make a gift of securities or a cash transfer to the Cornell Lab of Ornithology?
For securities transfers, please complete this online form, noting “Cornell Lab of Ornithology” in the field labeled “Cornell Designation,” or contact Jennifer Saville, Office of Trusts, Estates, and Gift Planning, at 1-800-481-1865 or email@example.com.
For cash transfers, please contact Carrie Corbin, Office of Trusts, Estates, and Gift Planning, at 607-254-1544 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
+/- What is Cornell University's tax identification number?
The Cornell Lab of Ornithology shares this tax ID # as a unit of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Cornell University.
+/- I found the Friends of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology on Charity Navigator. Should I direct my gift there?
The Friends of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology is a separate entity and functions much like a “friends of the library” organization. It was established to accept large, usually restricted, gifts, the income from which is used to benefit the Lab of Ornithology. It is better to direct your gift to Cornell Lab of Ornithology so that the funds come directly to the Lab.
+/- Who should I contact at the Lab of Ornithology?
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.